Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
Picture Book & Fantasy Portfolio Reviews with Ruth Sanderson!
For picture book and fantasy artists, Ruth Sanderson will be available on a limited basis for fifteen minute one-on-one portfolio reviews in a rare opportunity to receive personalized art critique as well as industry knowledge.
For the review, please bring up to a maximum of 15 pieces to review with Ruth. Due to the time limitations, manuscripts will not be part of the portfolio review.
Please note, the review is free, but admission to the show is charged at the door. The review will be at her exhibiting table (refer to show guide for exact location).
One person per ticket per time slot.
If you claim a slot but are unable to make the portfolio review, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can pass along the opportunity to someone from the waiting list.
About Ruth Sanderson
Ruth Sanderson has illustrated more than 75 books for children, including The Twelve Dancing Princesses, The Enchanted Wood, Papa Gatto, and Cinderella. Her work has appeared on many young adult and adult fantasy bookcovers, in magazine illustrations, collector’s plates, greeting cards and puzzles. She has exhibited her paintings at The Norman Rockwell Museum, The Society of Illustrators, The Original Art, the Delaware Museum of Art, the Art Museum of Western Virginia, and the Words and Pictures Museum, as well as many science fiction and fantasy conventions.
Her website is www.ruthsanderson.com.
About Paint & Pixel Festival
Celebrating illustration online and in print, Paint & Pixel showcases Western New England's talented book illustrators, comic artists, and cartoonists in one venue. Meet and get to know talented creators and their work ranging from indie comics to award-winning picture books, prominent webcomics and comic strips.
Show attendees will have the rare opportunity to talk with creators, learn about the creative process, and purchase signed books, prints, commissioned sketches, and other artwork.
- Howard Cruse, renowned comic creator whose graphic novel Stuck Rubber Baby has been awarded some of the highest accolades in the industry, including Eisner and Harvey Awards, and was recently re-released for its 15th anniversary from DC Vertigo
- Diane deGroat, a New York Times bestseller and celebrated picture book illustrator with over 120 books to her credit, including Roses Are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink and Dogs Don’t Brush Their Teeth
- Chris Giarrusso, whose popular kid-friendly titles G-Man and Mini Marvels have been published by Marvel and Image Comics
- Jeph Jacques, creator of one of the most popular webcomics, Questionable Content
- Hilary Price, author and illustrator of nationally syndicated comic strip, Rhymes with Orange
- Ruth Sanderson, an award-winning picture book illustrator, The Twelve Dancing Princesses and Papa Gatto, whose works have also been exhibited in museums such as The Norman Rockwell Museum
$4 for adults
$2 for children 6-12
Free for children 5 and under
More event details at the official website, www.PaintandPixelFestival.com.